Make sure your Apple TV is Compatible with StrataTV
STRATA TV is compatible with:
- Apple TV 3rd Generation
- Apple TV 4k
- Apple TV HD
Set up your Apple TV
If you are setting up your Apple TV for the first time, you will need:
- An Apple ID
If you don’t have an Apple ID, click here to sign up for free
- A TV or other display with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable (on 4K capable devices, you need an HDMI 2.0 or later compatible cable)
To set up your Apple TV (3rd generation):
- Connect the power cord to your Apple TV and plug it in to a power outlet. Then connect your Apple TV to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- Turn on your TV and click any button on the Apple Remote to see the setup screen. If you don't see the setup screen, check that you've selected the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to.
- Use the remote that came with your Apple TV to select a language and connect to your home Wi-Fi network. To connect to the Internet using Ethernet, connect your Apple TV to your router with an Ethernet cable. Then wait for your Apple TV to complete setup. Once setup is complete, you'll see the Home screen.
Set up your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD:
- Plug your Apple TV into power and connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable. To watch movies in 4K HDR on Apple TV 4K, make sure that you’re using an HDMI 2.0 or later cable, and have a TV that supports 4K, HDR, or both. You can also set up your Apple TV 4K to play sound in Dolby Atmos. Turn on your TV and select the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to.
- Swipe on the Touch surface of your Apple TV Remote to find your language and country or region. To choose an option, click the Touch surface. If you choose the wrong language, press the Menu button to return to the previous screen. If asked, choose whether to use Siri.
- To automatically add your Apple ID and Wi-Fi settings to your Apple TV, choose Set Up with Device. Then unlock your iOS device, hold it next to your Apple TV, and follow the onscreen steps on your iOS device and Apple TV. If you don't want to set up your Apple TV with your iOS device, choose Set Up Manually. Then follow the onscreen steps on your Apple TV to connect to your home Wi-Fi network and sign in with your Apple ID.
- In some countries and regions, you might be able to sign in to your TV or cable provider on your Apple TV to watch TV shows and movies included in your cable or TV subscription. If you receive an Apple TV from your cable provider, then your Apple TV should already be authorized for your subscription right out of the box.
- Turn on One Home Screen to keep the Home screen and apps the same across every Apple TV. Choose a room where your Apple TV is to automatically add it to the Home app on your iOS device and Mac. And download Aerial screen savers. If you have an Apple TV 4K connected to a 4K television that supports HDR or Dolby Vision, you might be prompted to run a short display test. Follow the onscreen instructions to run the test, and confirm that you have a clear picture. Learn more about 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K.
- When setup is complete, you'll see the Home screen. From here, you can watch your favorite shows, movies, and discover more of what you love to watch in the Apple TV app.
Install StrataTV on your Apple TV
- Now that your Apple TV is all set up, go to the App Store. The App Store app icon looks like this:
- Search for “STRATA TV”, highlight and select the app to begin downloading.
- While an app is downloading or updating, its icon appears on the Home screen with a progress indicator. Once it’s done downloading, select Open to launch StrataTV.
Make sure you are connected to your STRATA Networks provided internet in order to access your full TV lineup.